HIPAA: Critical Updates to maintain compliance online seminar
Review some of the most critical privacy and security standards in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule. In this one-hour webinar with expert practice management consultant David Ginsberg, you will receive important updates on current changes due to the COVID-19 emergency, risks associated with telehealth, who is covered, what information is protected, how you can stay secure in the Information Age, and how to avoid costly mistakes.
- Security compliance: is our risk analysis sufficient?
- Is our practice safe from ransomware?
- Recent HIPAA enforcement actions and compliance reviews: what can we learn from them?
- Understand basic privacy and security practices to require for telehealth-either from your home or office
- Understand what the HIPAA Enforcement Notice of Discretion covers during the COVID-19 Emergency.
- Understand the HIPAA technical and cybersecurity risks associated with telehealth
Co-Founder and President, PrivaPlan Associates
David Ginsberg is co-founder and president of PrivaPlan Associates, Inc. He has more than 30 years of experience in the health care industry with expertise in medical practice management and regulatory compliance. He is the official HIPAA advisor to ACCMA and the California Medical Association (CMA).