Physician Leadership Program
Session 2: Understanding Ourselves and Others Through Personality Preference Types
Welcome to the second session of The Physician Leadership Program!
We will focus on how self-understanding makes us more effective leaders. The use of tools, such as the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator®, to discover our style preferences and those of others will be demonstrated, as well as strategies for leading and collaborating based on those preferences.
- Describe and use common classification systems for understanding their own personality preferences and those of others.
- Ability to broaden their own range of preferences.
- Utilize a range of styles to increase leadership effectiveness.
Prework (located under the content tab):
- Session 2, Intro Video
- Complete Myers Briggs Assessment
- Podcast, Trust (available in podcast and written)
Live Session: Tuesday, October 5 at 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Optional Q&A/Discussion Session: Tuesday, October 12 at 6:00 to 7:30 pm
Patrick Kerwin, MBA
Principal of Kerwin & Associates in San Diego, California, specializing in the development of leaders, teams, and organizations. He is one of 12 master practitioners of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® in the US and Canada, and has over 25 years of experience working with health care, corporate, education, and non-proﬁ t organizations to put the MBTI® instrument into practice for leadership development, team-building, communication enhancement, change management, stress management, and individual development.