HIPAA: Critical Updates to Maintain Compliance 2021-22
FREE | CME Available
Review some of the most critical privacy and security standards in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Rules. In this one-hour webinar with expert HIPAA and practice management consultant David Ginsberg, you will receive important updates on who is covered, what information is protected, how you can stay secure in the Information Age, and how to avoid costly mistakes, as well as learning what is new for compliance.
- Security compliance: is our risk analysis sufficient?
- Is our practice safe from ransomware?
- Recent HIPAA enforcement actions and compliance reviews: what can we learn from them?
- Understand basic privacy and security practices to require for telehealth-either from your home or office.
- Understand what the HIPAA Enforcement Notice of Discretion covers during the COVID-19 Emergency.
- Understand the HIPAA technical and cybersecurity risks associated with telehealth.
- Understand how the 21st Century CURES Act and HIPAA align.
For questions, contact Jenn Mullins, Education and Event Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-654-5383 x6305
Accreditation Statement: The ACCMA is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education.
Credit Designation Statement: ACCMA designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Co-Founder and President, PrivaPlan Associates
David Ginsberg is co-founder and president of PrivaPlan Associates, Inc. He has more than 30 years of experience in the health care industry with expertise in medical practice management and regulatory compliance. He is the official HIPAA advisor to ACCMA and the California Medical Association (CMA).