Making Conversations Count: A Workshop on Advance Care Planning - For Physicians (CME)
- Registration Closed
Thursday, March 7, 2019
08:30 AM - 12:30 PM
COST - FREE| CME/CE Available*
NOTE: This event will take place at the John Muir Medical Center - Concord Campus located at 2540 East Street, Room Concord I & II, Concord, CA 94520.
Advance care planning enhances quality of life by ensuring that plans are developed to address end of life care decisions in accordance with personal wishes. Join Janet Thompson, senior living counselor at St. Paul's Towers, to learn more about methods to engage others in this important conversation and to teach it effectively.
After attending this training, attendees will be able to:
• Identify the concepts and benefits of advance care planning.
• Utilize the tools available to engage in discussion of advance care planning
• Distinguish the importance and characteristics of an effective Health Care Agent
• Complete and assist others with advance health care directives and POLST forms
- 3.75 CME hours available
- Approved by the Nursing Home Administrator Program for 3.75 CE credit hours
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider# CEP17013 for 3. 75 contact hours.
- Provider approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Provider #143582 for 3.75 contact hours
CE provided in collaboration with "Yes! Press Consulting and Education"
- CE credits FREE for this event.
Accreditation Statement: The Alameda-Contra Costa Medical Association is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/ CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement: The Alameda-Contra Costa Medical Association designates this live activity for a maximum of3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.